Shortly after one o’clock today emergency services were called to Shanowen Square to deal with a fire.
Three fire engines and a smaller van arrived at the scene to deal with a small fire on the roof of the laundry room.
A representative of the residence said that the roof of the building had recently been re-tarred and she believed that this was the cause of the fire
Residents were evacuated from the building while the fire services dealt with the incident.
No one was harmed and no serious damage was done to the property.
Residents were allowed to re-enter the building after a short time.