- Love Actually. This movie brings you nicely into the Christmas season with great intertwining storylines during the run up to Christmas. It also leaves you with the heart-warming message that love is all around.
- The Holiday. This movie shows the audience what Christmas is like in London and Los Angeles when two women who are both going through relationship troubles swap houses for Christmas. With an all-star cast including Cameron Diaz, Kate Winslet, Jack Black and Jude Law, this is the perfect Christmas film for the ladies out there.
- The heart-warming classic, Miracle on 34th street. Whether you decide to watch the original or the remake, the message remains the same. This film reminds us of the magic of Christmas and even though not all of us believe in Santa Claus anymore, there is still a lot to be said for the magic of Christmas. This is the perfect movie to watch when making your Christmas list.
- Home Alone. This is a film that never gets old no matter how many times it is watched. We see how Kevin (Macaulay Culkin), an eight year old boy, manages to take care of himself when his family leave him home alone. When they realise they have left him alone, they desperately try to make it back to him in time for Christmas. This is an uplifting movie; it brings you on a roller-coaster of emotion and leaves you on a high.
- (Drum Roll Please!) The number one spot on the list goes to Elf. This is a film for everyone. It will have you on the floor laughing but also captivates you with its emotional storyline. This movie will have your imagination running wild as we see Will Ferrell play an elf who leaves the North Pole to find his real father in New York City. Despite its comedic nature, this movie is about belief and the magic of Christmas. Sit down and relax when all those assignments are handed in and stick on Elf with some Christmas treats and you’ll get right into the Christmas spirit.