We’ve battled through the January gloom and emerged from our cocoons, bright-eyed and bushy tailed, ready for spring. However, some of us did better job at sticking to those pesky New Year resolutions than others. The fitness craze that’s sweeping the country isn’t going anywhere, but thankfully it isn’t about berating ourselves anymore. Now, it’s geared more towards creating delicious, clean alternatives to our favorite foods and treating ourselves without the guilt.
Cleantella is the new craze that is taking the fitness and foodie world by storm. This delicious spread is a healthy substitute to our beloved chocolate Nutella, containing nothing but hazelnuts and high protein natural ingredients. It actually tastes better (believe it or not) and boasts less than half the calories of normal Nutella; result. Don’t undo any good intentions for a cleaner New Year, next time you feel like reaching for the Nutella jar and a spoon, try this instead.
200g raw hazelnuts
1 1/2 tbsp vanilla essence
1/4 cup raw cacao powder
1/4 cup plus 2tbsp honey
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 cup of milk of your choice.
2 tbsp coconut oil
- Roast hazelnuts for 6-8 minutes at 200 degrees C.
- Rub them together in a paper towel to get the skin off.
- In a blender or food processor blend the nuts until they turn into butter.
- Then add all other ingredients and blend for quite some time, till it gets as smooth as Nutella.This will take about 2 minutes.
- Enjoy whatever way you please, guilt free!