There are few things in this life better than warm chocolate chip cookies washed down with a glass of cold milk (preferably Donegal Creameries milk). Cookies are so easy to make and they go down a treat with everyone. Here’s a recipe for cookies that’ll tickle your taste buds.
8 oz butter
5 oz soft dark brown sugar
5 oz granulated sugar
Pinch of salt
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 large egg, beaten
8½ oz plain flour
7 oz milk chocolate chips
• Preheat the oven to 190°C. Line 2 flat trays with grease-proof paper.
• Beat the sugars, salt, vanilla extract and butter in a large bowl with wooden spoon until smooth. Add the egg and beat again.
• Sieve in the flour and fold in until a dough begins to form.
• Add in the chocolate chips and mix again.
• Spoon the dough onto the trays.
• Bake for 10-12mins. Allow to set in a tray then transfer to a wire rack to cool.
• Serve moderately warm with a glass of cold milk.