The days are warming up, the sky is blue again, and there’s a grand stretch in the evenings. Summer is upon us, and it’s time to get out of the house. But before you get away to the beach, here’s a list of some of the top pieces of tech you should have with you when enjoying the summer.
• Bluetooth speaker – You’re at the beach, sitting on the sand in the blistering sun. A few tunes would be nice. A good, solid Bluetooth speaker is what you need. The Jawbone Jambox has been the leader in this category for a while now, but the new Mini Jambox is the perfect choice for those looking for a great speaker to grab and go.
• Battery charger – Every gadget these days loves sucking as much power as it can, so it’s always good to have a backup with you. Out camping or gone away for a few days, you’ll want to keep your phone charged. The Mophie Powerstation Pro is a rugged little battery that’ll keep your phones and tablets powered up for a while longer.
• Fitness tracker – The next revolution in personal technology will be in health and fitness, and it’s already started. Every major company seems to be coming out with fancy smartwatches that can do it, but the dedicated device is still probably the best choice. The best of those choices is Fitbit, who seem to be making fitness devices since time immemorial. The Fitbit Flex will gather all the fitness info you want, and actually look cool doing it.
• E-book reader – Reading seems to be one of the biggest summer activities, right up there with sunbathing and jumping into canals. Books have become cumbersome, and you can’t see your tablet’s screen in sunlight, so the default choice is the Kindle. Amazon has made great strides in the Kindle’s hardware since it first launched. It’s now the near-perfect reading experience. The Kindle Paperwhite is so near to actually reading off paper that you won’t feel a whole lot of difference, except in weight.
• Action camera – By “action camera”, I of course mean GoPro. It’s the default choice when you’re looking for a rugged little camera that can dive into water and fly through the air with you. Whether you use it with a selfie stick or not, that’s up to you, I’ll reserve judgement. The entry level Hero is a perfect choice for the camera to capture the coolest parts of your summer.
Image Credit: http://www.newrafael.com/brazil-travel-report/
Leave a Reply