The start of the college year can be stressful: organising yourself for classes, making a home of your new room for the year and socialising as much as humanly possible. This often means that healthy eating gets put aside and the Domino’s Pizza menu gets placed on the fridge.
Despite what some college students might think, cooking tasty and healthy meals can actually be very simple and convenient if you put your mind to it. All it takes is some imagination and a few ingredients which can be bought in Aldi or Lidl.
These bolognese pepper pots are so easy for you and your new roommates to cook and they will go down a treat at dinner time.
- Minced meat
- Cooking oil
- Large peppers
- Bolognese sauce (Aldi has very nice, cheap sauces)
- Cheese (for sprinkling on top)
- Preheat the oven to 180˚C.
- Heat a little bit of oil in a saucepan.
- Cook the meat in the saucepan until it has fully browned.
- Chop up the onions and cook them in the same saucepan for 5-10 minutes.
- Add in the bolognese sauce and mix together. Allow to simmer for a few minutes.
- Cut the tops off of the peppers and scoop out the seeds inside.
- Pour the bolognese into the pepper pots.
- Grate some cheese and sprinkle it on top of the pepper pots.
- Place in the oven for 5-10 minutes so that the cheese on top is melted.
- Serve on a plate with some pasta or a side salad.
Image Credit: allrecipes.com