Last night was awesome! You attended Shite Night at Nubar, had a lot of booze with your friends, probably made some other questionable decisions, but overall had a great time.
Now you’re dealing with a colossal hangover.
Don’t worry. We got you.
Every year at DCU, we get to meet folks from all around the world, which is also great for finding new hangover treatments.
Here are some hangover cures from different parts of the world that are extremely weird, but extremely worth it.
1. UK: A full English Breakfast. None of us feel like eating a piece without wanting to throw up in a bitch of a hangover. But if the English do it, you probably should too.
2. Puerto Rico: “When life gives you lemons,” you know what you would do if you were Puerto Rican? You would rub the lemon in the armpit of your drinking arm.
Are you crying too?
3. Mexico: They work on the principle of getting the alcohol out of your system, by any means necessary. If you think you’re not one to back down from a challenge, try out the hangover remedy of Mexicans, which is making a Menudo. This spicy stew, composed mostly of cow guts in a red pepper broth, is so fiery that you could find yourself spending more time in the restroom than you expected. Sound okay? Goodluck!
4. Philippines: When it comes to popular hangover cures, the Philippines features one of the most well-known in Asia. The balut is a baby duck embryo that is prepared and eaten from the shell. Although, it doesn’t sound as weird as it looks. But we have heard from reliable sources that it is one damn delicious hangover cure.
Guess you caught a break there, didn’t you?
5. Korea: This concoction’s name, “Haejangguk,” literally translates into “hangover soup.” For ages, Koreans have stuck by this dish of pig spine, ox blood, and cabbage leaves simmered in a broth with a variety of spices.
If you think you have the spine and guts for it? Go ahead, test yourself!
With the internet nowadays, you have the world at the tip of your fingers. Crazy or weird or absurd, these hangover cures work.
So, the next time you have a truly monumental hangover, you can just go through these and decide which of these you want to award your body and taste buds with!